Subscribe to Updates by Email

Enter your email address:

Friday, February 24, 2012

Finding The Cross In The Psalms Psalms 9:1-2 Day 3

For this lent season, I am doing a forty day study in the Psalms looking for aspects of the atonement that will end around easter. My hope is to generate a new found awe of what Christ did on the cross.


Psalm 9:1-2
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

When David says “I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart” I realize how often I say that or others say that.  Like, “I love Jesus with all my heart” or, “I give my whole heart to Jesus” and what I realize is that I don't love Jesus with my whole heart or really give Jesus my whole heart. 

Maybe at times I do but do I really live a life of a whole heart to God? Sadly the answer is no. The reason the answer is no is because looking back on my life I have really known what it means to give my whole heart to something. There has been sin in my life that I have been sold out for; I would live for it and maybe would die for it. I know how to be sold out for something!

Can I actually say, “I am sold out for the living Triune God”? Again the answer is sadly no because if I see how I've been sold out for sin in my life I would see that I have been more in love with my sin than my God. I see how my body reacts to the sin; how my mind reacts to the sin and the great lengths I would go to keep my sin secret. The funny thing is that sin doesn't love you back! God forgive me!

So this morning I see Jesus loving God with his whole heart as He’s being killed on the cross. I believe with my whole heart that God gave me His heart which makes it worse because I don't blindly betray him, I betray him with open eyes. Forgive me Jesus. The cross does allow me to live a life wholehearted for God.

So today I repent; today I have a whole heart for God. Father, in the name of Jesus I come in humble repentance for loving my sin more than You. I've constantly betrayed you and you have constantly loved me. You don't make me pay for my sin.
Lord Jesus, thank you for dying for my sin, so I can live a whole heart for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment