Subscribe to Updates by Email

Enter your email address:

Friday, October 14, 2011

When Two become One

I went to a David Crowder concert the other night and one of the opening bands was named Gunger. They were amazing!

This dude played a cello and was beat-boxing at the same time and it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen!  If someone told me they could beatbox and play the cello together and sound amazing I would have laughed and said something like you're crazy, but the way this cat put them together, it was like they were made for each other.

The cello is mainly used in classical music and beatboxing is mainly used in hip-hop or rapping.  So it seems that this would be an unlikely duo.    He had a solo in the song and the song had a good jam to it which was already cool. When the other band members stopped playing and it was just him playing the cello, he started beatboxing while playing the cello.  The moment I heard it I wasn’t thinking what the heck is this guy doing that doesn't work”.  I thought, man this works!  It makes total sense!  It wasn't that beatboxing worked by itself and the cello worked by itself.  It was that this dude brought the pair together and made it work, he made it sound amazing.
In the same way, my wife Gina and I are the same unlikely duo.  Gina absolutely loves pink soft things.  And for those who know me, I am far from pink and soft.  So, how do we work?  How does our relationship make sense when we are so different?  The answer my friends, is Jesus! 

If someone was playing a cello and someone was beatboxing and they were sitting next to each other, playing their own thing, it would be discombobulating or confusing.  It has be one person playing both instruments to bring them together.  When Gina and I play our own instrument separately, (meaning, being self-absorbed) we sound awful and discombobulating; but when we allow Jesus to bring us together then we play His music as one instrument.  Jesus is the only thing that allows us to worship in oneness, even when we are so different. I don't want to sound corny here, but it is a true miracle when God bring Two sinners together through Christ and through the power of the Spirit and make them sound harmonious  

No comments:

Post a Comment