Subscribe to Updates by Email

Enter your email address:

Sunday, October 16, 2011

In Your Light Do We See Light

Psalms 36:9, David says, "For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light". 

I love this statement "in your light do we see light".  It says to me, we only see His light, because God gives us the ability to see His light.  So, what does it mean to "see His light"?  I believe it's the ability to see what He sees.  This is accomplished through the power of the Holy Spirit.  2 Corinthians 2:6-16 says we can even know the depth of God through His Spirit.    We have to understand how huge this is.  If we really believe we could "see" things the way God "sees" them, our lives would really be different.  I also believe God challenges us through scripture to expect to see things the way He sees them but it is something that He is calling us to believe and press in on through the power of the Holy Spirit

1 Peter 2:9 
          But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Peter actually calls us a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's possession who removed us from darkness into His light.  Clearly God has given us His ability to see what He sees.  

My question is, when I seem to be experiencing joylessness, am I really joyless?  If I really have the ability to see the way God sees, I would see that He doesn’t remove His presence from me; which is joy.  God doesn’t give me joy, He is joy and He gave me Himself.  God doesn’t give me love, He is love and He gave me Himself.  So, in this season of “seemingly” joylessness, I can pronounce the lie that I am joyless because I see what God sees in that I am not absent of God’s attributes (joy, love, peace etc.) because the absolute truth is He has promised to give me His sight on who I am and who He is.  I am not saying that when we suffer we are supposed to run around saying “yahoo, I hurt” but there can be a real joy in the midst of suffering because of the promises of God.

1 comment:

  1. "There can be a real joy in the midst of suffering because of the promises of God." AMEN BROTHER!!! So encouraging to see the Lord still teaching you and using you during your own hard times. Lord bless you brother.

    ReplyDelete