Subscribe to Updates by Email

Enter your email address:

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bless The Lord! Psalm 103 (day 19)


or this lent season, I am doing a forty-day study in the Psalms looking for aspects of the atonement that will end around Easter. My hope is to generate a newfound awe of what Christ did on the cross.
Psalm 103:1-5

[103:1] Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! [2] Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, [3] who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, [4] who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, [5] who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 103 is one of my favorite scriptures in the Bible. It hits the full aspect of the Gospel. We see David speaks to his soul by saying, “bless the Lord, O my soul” it’s an amazing thing that we knucklehead Christians can bless God. How is it that we can bless God? You know how hard it is to bless someone with a gift who has everything? How about blessing someone who IS everything? God is telling us we can bless Him by remembering what He's done for us. Not only has Jesus healed us from all our diseases and redeemed outer life from the pit but He also crowns us with His love. This is the greatest place of honor and when we remember this we bless the Lord. Isn't that amazing? We bless God by being healed. You see it makes it about God. We see in the fifth verse God also satisfies us with good. A lot of times I buy the lie that I’m not satisfied and when I'm living that lie I look for other things to satisfy me. Forgive me Lord.

Today, Lord Jesus I remember You took my sin and gave me your righteousness. Lord, be blessed from my satisfied soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment